Monday, September 21, 2015

Nutrition Analysis

     From monitoring my diet over three days, I learned that I do not have a very balanced diet. In order to improve my diet, I need to eat more vegetables and grains. I could also eat a bit more dairy. From the Falcon Market, I learned how to calculate macromolecule percentages. Each meal that my lab partners and I looked at this station had unbalanced amounts of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. But, by combining the meals together, there was a balance of all three macromolecules. At the seasonal produce guide station, I learned that buying produce that is in season is less expensive, more nutritious, and there are lots of variety. I eat most of the produce that was listed on the paper at the station. Although, I did see some vegetables, like kohlrabi and quince, that I have never tried before. At one of the last stations, I learned how to shop for produce when I go grocery shopping. Because of the Falcon Market, I know the best way to improve my diet. I could start by buying more vegetables that are in season like broccoli and brussel sprouts. To increase my grain intake, I could eat foods like quinoa, amaranth, and millet. I could also drink a cup of milk everyday to make sure I get enough dairy.
      If I had the opportunity to coach someone on their health, I would tell them to eat enough grains, vegetables, fruits, dairy, and protein foods everyday. I would also tell them to try to exercise for an hour. I would also tell them to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep and to manage their time well so they don't get too stressed out.

Three Days of Diet Monitoring:
Day 2
Day 1
Day 3



 

No comments:

Post a Comment